Wednesday, June 19, 2013

LAND HO .... The end

The Icebreaker went through the Straights of Magellan and landed in Punta Arenas on April 5th, 2013.


Rachel is super happy to be near land



Rob Dunbar, Dave Mucceroni, and Dave Koweek admire the trees

Hello Punta Arenas. Hello civilization. Hello internet. Hello culture shock.
 We were so happy to see land.
 



We still had to package up and offload all of our sea water samples in the warehouse. I met a cat to help me do the job. In all I have THOUSANDS of samples I get to analyze back in Seattle. It will take me MONTHS to put it all  together. This trip was amazing and will only help fuel my progress in the lab back at home =)
Then we all got gussied up and promptly went out for drinks and food. LOTS OF DRINKS (we couldn't drink the entire 53 days on board)...and LOTS of good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment